Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Luau

This has been a busy, busy, busy past few weeks for me! But finally, the moment of relaxation has come, whew! I had been running here and there in order to get all preparations final for my get together on Sunday for Mother's Day.

This year in the spirit of hosting, I decided to have something at my place for the women in my family . A "Luau" theme came to mind a few months back and I thought that would be the perfect way to celebrate and to take advantage of some of this warm weather that we've been having. I always enjoy seeing everyone having fun and I love having them over to eat, laugh, talk and to just spend time with each other. So I was really happy when everyone agreed to come over. I was extremely happy that all of the planning paid off. Going to places such as Party City, Michaels, Dollar Tree and various stores in Center City really helped me keep this event affordable which is why I always stress to grab deals by the horn when you see them! You may not see them again at that price ever again when you need them!

In addition to planning Mother's day. I also got to experience feeding the homeless on Saturday with my friend, her sister and mother. I had been wanting to do this for a very long while and I finally got to. I would like to be able to do this much more often and encourage others to also. For some reason or another, our Mayor in Philly is trying stop organizations from feeding the homeless which I think is an absolute mistake. If he only knew how appreciative they were, he would think differently. It really made me sad to see what other's are going through. It also made me thankful for the little things in life.

My mom far left, Me, My Grandmom, Great Grandmom & Grandad
I really hope everyone enjoyed Mother's day and that you made your mom, grandmom, aunt or that special woman in your life feel appreciated and pampered or that someone  did something beautiful and loving for you! 
I spoke with a few people who had a variety of ways to make their mom feel like a queen on Mother's Day. They did things like make breakfast for their mom, sent them to their favorite concert, made them a beautiful dinner or simply did things like clean the house so she would have a full day to kick back, relax without having to lift a finger.
Okay so I know we are 2 days in from Sunday already but to my grandmom I say happy Mother's day once again. I love you so much more than you would ever know. To my mom I say Happy Mother's day as well (Sorry about calling you so early in the morning on Sunday lol). To my Aunt I say Happy Mother's day to one of the smartest, nobel woman I've ever known and finally to my sister I say Happy Mother's day to a modern day superwoman of a mother!
Well, without further adue, I present to you: Mother's Day Luau :-)

Tiki Drink Station

Fruit Tray

Fruit and Drink Table


Party Supplies


Forks, Knives & Spoons for All



Flower and Floating Candle



Table Before the Food



Table After the Food

Baked Curry and Baked Lemon Basil Salmon







Peach Shrimp Skewers


2 of my Fave Party Goers