Monday, January 30, 2012

Dine me and Wine me

Okay, you've just gotten off work. You're ready to climb out of your work clothes, let down your hair or perhaps snatch your wig off *okay, maybe that part is just me* You're ready to prop your feet up and unwind ... and then you suddenly realize that it's already after 5 and you haven't fixed a thing to eat. *Dramatic music plays* Don't fret, don't panic and most certainly do not pick up the take out menu. Perhaps you can give this recipe a try. It's quick, it's easy and it's delicious. Add a few veggies, pasta or a rice dish to this and you'll be set for the evening.




                    Garlic Buttered Chicken


                   2 tablespoons light olive oil
                   1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast                
                   3 tablespoon garlic, minced 
                   1/2 teaspoon salt

                   1/4 teaspoon pepper
                   1 tablespoon butter or margarine
                   1/4 cup parsley (chopped is best but you can always grab some 
                   from the spice isle)                                                                                                          




Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok and set your stove top heat to high then add in chicken. After adding the chicken turn the heat to medium and let it cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, salt and pepper to chicken and stir so the flavors can mingle in together for  4 minutes Add the butter, parsley and let it simmer for 1 minute, and serve. Lastly, please make sure your the chicken is cooked all the way through before serving.  Viola!
*If you have any recipes that you would like me to share, please email me with a photo of the dish and I will be sure to post it for you.




Lastly, I am sure that you will want to pair this recipe with something delicious to drink and enjoy which is why I'll suggest this wine to go with it. This wine is called Beaujolais Nouveau which is a French red wine. Normally wine aficionados would suggest that red wine should be paired with lamb or steak but I figured: It is your wine, do with it as you please!
This wine originally was a Christmas gift from a coworker last year. Recently, I decided against holding out until my birthday to enjoy this Christmas wine gift as I normally do so I gave it a test drive and really enjoyed it. This wine was sweet with a hearty, lingering fruit taste however, it was a bit less sweet than what I am used drinking. Nonetheless, it paired perfectly with the garlic buttered chicken and linguini that I prepared for my late night dinner. My curiosity about this wine led me to do a little reading on it. Apparently, there is a type of restriction against this wine being sold before the third Thursday in November out of tradition and popularity. Knowing this made me drink it with a bit more pride because of it's exclusivity. This special little wine also is priced just right. At around $11.00 - $30.00 you can enjoy any of the wine selections from the Beaujolais Nouveau collection.