Thursday, January 12, 2012

Out and About in Philly: P.O.D





Yaaaay! We've made it through to a new year! It's refreshing to have a brand new beginning where you can leave the past behind and step forward into new things. I've decided that I will be making my top resolution to try and let some of my inhibitions go,  to explore and see where it takes me. I am so amped and excited to see whats in store for 2012. In light of my new year's resolution, I've decided to try out something different. A good friend  from out of town came to visit this weekend and we bundled up against the brisk cold and hit the streets of Philly to a restaurant that I'd like to consider "Visually Delicious".  
It's P.O.D restaurant in University City.I must say P.O.D was pretty darn cool. This was my first time here and I loved it! I felt like I was slightly stepping into the not too distant future when I noticed all of the uber modern decor, anime cartoons played on flat screen and the conveyer belt of sushi that circled the bar area. Visually tantalizing, great food, drinks as well as a friendly, inviting and hospitable staff was a winning combo for this place.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I like 3 things in a restaurant: My drinks cold and well mixed, My food delicious, abundant, fast, and a nicely priced menu. P.O.D was definitely right up my ally.With the weather being so cold and unpredictable here in Philly, I just knew that I would end up catching the sniffles along with the sneezies. I was a tad under the weather so I did try to restrain from taking pictures on this rendezvous, but couldn't pass up this red vinyl couch photo opt. Who can resist red vinyl?  




Bar at Pod

Entrance