Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life is like a Rosé....

Hope everyone's Valentines Day was a beautiful one and that you spent it with the one you truly love. Mine was great! In fact, I think this may have been one of the best Valentines Day ever. It was unsaturated with much of the commercial and media influence and hype. This Valentines Day actually focused on what was really special... Love. Speaking of love, I would like to introduce a blushing beauty that I have stumbled on roughly about two weeks ago that I've tried once and have grown to love. It was on sale for $10.99 at the local neighbor state store here in Philly. It's label alone made me curious about it as I passed by. I just couldn't pass up the offer. It is called Piccolo Tesoro Moscato Rosé. Piccolo "which means little treasure"is an Italian sparkling wine with a low alcohol content(as most Moscatos are). I personally think this could be a great party wine. If you are hosting something, or if you are having some friends over and you want your guest to really enjoy a nice, festive wine, this would be perfect for just about any celebration. Piccolo is carbonated and tickles your taste buds with a sweet surprise of a fruity variation. The color alone makes this wine bring life to any glass. I also found that it is a perfect pair if you enjoy making mimosas! After reading up a bit on this wine I have noticed that it was often paired with hardy dishes such as linguini, plain cheese cake or risotto which seems like a random but great pairing. Really, it seems hard to go wrong with a Rosé in life.